[tulip] Fixed 100BaseT problems?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike@swm.pp.se
Sun Jan 6 08:32:01 2002

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

> I understand this. The case here is that both parties are set to a
> fixed setting of 100 mps and full-duplex. The setting does work but
> loss of 2% occurs. In the very same setup with autonet (both sides)
> there is no less. Traffic is 6,000 pps. Most of them are 64byte long
> (VoIP traffic).

Post a "show int fasteth1/x" from the switch. Clear counters first, then
run some tests with fixed speed/duplex.

2% loss with 6000pps (that's 4-5 megabits of traffic if my math is
correct) sounds like it could be duplex problems. Show int reveals that
pretty quickly.

At that speed it sounds like you could try half duplex as well without any
major problems. If nothing else, for testing purposes.

Personally I make a habit of not trying to fix speed, I always autoneg.
Trying to lock the speed always gives me more problem that autoneg ever
has.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@swm.pp.se