[tulip] Version 4.1 LinkSys 10/100 Cards

Robert W. Brooks rwbrooks@idiny.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,
	I intend to make a router out of an old PC, some new linksys
version 4.1 cards and the Linux Router Project distribution.
	The tulip driver I got from the LRP site detects the cards at
boot-up displaying the normal detection messages and aliasing them to eth0
through eth3. (4 cards). Unfortunately when LRP, (or me for that matter),
run ifconfig to load the cards, the system hangs completely;
ctrl-alt-delete will not work.
	I have a RedHat v7.0 PC here as well so I swapped out the linksys
2.0 (which works well), with one of the 4.1 cards. The tulip driver I am
using in this case is v0.91, as provided with the install CD.
In this case:
	]$ insmod tulip
Reports:
	/lib/modules/2.2.16-22/net/tulip.o: init_module: Device or
resource busy

	I am asking for any suggestions on how to proceed or explanations
for the difficulties I am having.

	Thanks,
		Rob W. Brooks

Robert W. Brooks