[tulip] ZYNX 4-port (21143) fails to autonegotiate correctly. (tulip: 0.9.14, RH 7.1)

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:13:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Ben Greear wrote:

> The 4th port of the ZYNX (eth4) is connected to the third eepro (eth3)
> on lf1.  The ZYNX seems to be claiming that it can do, and has done autonegotiation,
> but the eepro sees it as fixed at 100bt.
>
> The end result is JABBER being seen by the eepro, and lots of CARRIER
> errors reported by the tulip.  I'm dropping around 5% of the packets when
> running random packet size at 512Kbps....

Are you sure that you have a good cable ? Is the problem always appearing
between the 4th ZYNX port and an eepro card ? (You said that you have 2
ZYNX cards, is the other one behaving the same ?)

You can try also try to use the '-R' flag of mii-diag to restart
autonegotiation on the failing link.

Sincerely,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De