[tulip] Any sucess with Conexant miniPCI (presario notebooks) on Linux?

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:28:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Richard Casey wrote:

> Anyone able to get the Conexant MiniPCI ethernet working with Linux?
>
> My surfing has revealed several others looking at getting unix working with
> Conexant, which is in-built on recent compaq notebooks (Eg: presario 1700).

I think you mean "waiting for someone else", not "looking"

> Tulip has sounded promising, but the relevant threads seemed to die away in
> December 2000 without mension of the resolution.

I have sent several responses since then, all saying that I'm waiting on
info from Compaq and Conexant.

> It's not clear which options on the tulip site are the relevant ones (eg: as
> this Presario has the conexant "mini-PCI" as a built-in, should it still be
> considered an external card when trying to find the correct drivers and
> diagnostics?).

It has a CardBus-like CIS, but is apparently a directly connected PCI
device on bus 0.  Perhaps it is behind a transparent bus bridge, which
would explain the INT and bus-master control line problems, but there is
no software indication of that.