3com driver and tulip driver in same box

Jason Thomas jason@topic.com.au
Mon Feb 7 17:27:56 2000

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

if you masquarde they should only see one ip address.
all request look like they are coming from that ip address.

omar [omar@natasha.org] wrote:

> Just curious to know if the following scenario can happen.
>
> I have a 3com card which uses the 3c59x driver and a linksys card which
> uses the tulip driver.  One of them is on the cable modem, and the other is
> on my internal hub.  I use linux with ip masquerading to give 3 other
> computers internet access.  well i am using bogus addresses that belong to
> someone else for the internal LAN.  My cable modem stopped working and
> @home said that they detected a 2nd IP address and shut down my cable
> modem.  Then the @home tech said that regardless of using a proxy server or
> not, all computers need a valid IP address on the internet.   Is it
> possible that linux somehow displayed my 2nd card to the internet, even
> though its not connected to it physically?

Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311
tSA Consulting Group Pty. Ltd.         Mobile: 0418 29 66 81
1 Hall Street Lyneham ACT 2602         http://www.topic.com.au/

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--