3com driver and tulip driver in same box

Richard Atterer atterer@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 8 06:47:09 2000

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 09:39:06PM +0000, omar wrote:
> I have a 3com card which uses the 3c59x driver and a linksys card which
> uses the tulip driver.  One of them is on the cable modem, and the other is
> on my internal hub.  I use linux with ip masquerading to give 3 other
> computers internet access.  well i am using bogus addresses that belong to
> someone else for the internal LAN.

I agree with Jason - something is wrong with your IP Masquerading
configuration. You shouldn't "steal" IP addresses from your provider's
range of IPs, as that will lead to problems for anyone else who
actually tries to use those addresses. Use addresses from the reserved
ranges instead, e.g. 192.168.x.x

Also check the IPCHAINS-HOWTO.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer (currently at Queen's University, Belfast, NI)
  | \/¯|  http://www.in.tum.de/~atterer/
  ¯ ´` ¯