Bizarre tulip behavior

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 10 20:31:22 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Jonathan French wrote:

> I have a HP Pavilion 4550z - Celeron type machine, and a Linksys 10/100
> LAN card which works under windows but not RH6.0 or a little Linux
> distro called LRP (Linux Router Project).  I freed up all of my IRQs
> 	Under RH, I ran tulip-diag, which reported thay my NIC can't get a
> valid IRQ (although it does get the right memory location).  I ran the

You should believe the statement from tulip-diag.  That's why it's there.

> version of tulip.o that came with RH, as well as the latest 0.91g, with
> no success.  LRP, which uses a 1998 version of tulip, reports that it is
> trying to use IRQ 255, and fails.

Yup, no IRQ has been assigned.
Read
   http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/irq-conflict.html

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html