21143 on Samsung/API UX motherboard

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Thu Nov 12 14:19:00 1998

Hi there ( mainly to Donal Becker).
Where can I get info on "forcing" the media detect on the tulip driver to a
given media type/speed?
We are now fighting with the Samsung/API Alpha UX boards which have a 21143
 on them. Using v.90 we get the driver reporting various things on startup,
then when the machine comes up it floods the network with activity,
effectively hosing the network. The hub lightrs flash very quickly and
steadily. I suspect media-detection issues.
Any thoughts?

Best regards,

  Maurice W. Hilarius                   Telephone: 01-403-414-9319
  Hard Data Ltd.                      **FAX:       01-403-456-1510
  11060 - 166 Avenue                    email:maurice@harddata.com
  Edmonton, AB, Canada  - T5X 1Y3       http://www.harddata.com