DLINK DFE530TX a bad card?

Jim Redman jim@ergotech.com
Mon Jul 20 15:29:41 1998

>we're switching to a different brand that is tulip-based.

We've been using the SVEC cards
(http://www.svec.com/graphics/product/fastcard/pn100tx.htm) that run about
US $35, to me an amazing price point.  We don't beat on them too hard, but
they seem to work, if anyone has a different opinion I'd like to hear it.
They do seem to be a little picky about older PCI buses, they would hang an
old 486/120 we wanted to use as a gateway.  We also have their $99 8-port hub.

These cards are 100% generic, they come with a little green-tinged manual
that makes no mention of SVEC (or anyone else).  The only place the company
name is mentioned is on the box.  Anyone else have cards that match that
same description?

Jim