Linksys etherfast 10/100 and linux kernel 2.0.34 problems

scott scott@rael.rose.hp.com
Mon Jul 20 13:29:40 1998

Greetings,

Has anyone out there using a linksys etherfast 10/100 card (PNIC Chipset) with Linux kernel 2.0.34?  I cannot get this setup to work.  The driver cannot find the card nor can the diagnostics unless I specify the memory address when I run tilup-diag.  And when the diagnostics run they cannot find they MII interface.   It seems that there have been changes made in the way Linux probes and identifies cards on the PCI bus since kernel 2.0.31, my current version.  I have tried the 2.034 kernel version of the driver but this did not help.  I am successfully runing this setup on Linux 2.0.31.  I also have a call into Linksys but so far no answer.

Scott