[eepro100] card reports no resources

Thu Aug 1 18:51:02 2002

John Ketchum wrote:

> After perusing this mail list, and seeing several threads reporting
> similar problems, I tried the fix recommended by Donal Becker in one
> thread:
> echo "100 500 200">/proc/sys/vm/bdflush
> then rebooted.  I guess I don't understand the workings of the /proc
> file system, because the changes that resulted in /proc/sys/vm/bdflush

Most linux systems have a file called /etc/sysctl.conf, and most linux systems
read the contents of that file and set the variables accordingly, this is what
I have in mine(2.2.19 kernel):

fs/file-max = 32768
fs/inode-max = 65536
vm/freepages = 1024	2048	3072

then I use the command sysctl -p to read the file. If you set the variables
directly with echo, there is no need to reboot, the change is immediate.

for you I think the entry would be:

vm/bdflush = 100 500 200

the system should automatically parse and load the sysctl.conf upon reboot. If
it does not, create a script or edit an existing one so that sysctl is run upon
boot so it can load the settings

good luck.

nate