Transmit timed out error?

Glenn gs@lsd.brown.edu
Tue Dec 15 22:17:02 1998

I've been running afpd WITHOUT atalkd with the additional line in my
conf.modules: options eepro100 multicast_filter_limit=3
on 2.0.36 with eepro driver 1.05 with good results -- or rather,
without more than one ethernet driver hickup in the last month.  The
machine is lightly loaded, and is on a 100 MB switched ethernet segment.

Someone had suggested setting the filter limit to 0 and running atalkd,
but I haven't tried that; I've been content with only running afpd over
TCP/IP (AFP over TCP), without the Appletalk DDP even compiled into the
kernel.  (Not running atalkd just means that server doesn't show up in
Chooser, but can still be accessed via server IP address)

Glenn Strauss
Brown University
<gs@brown.edu>