Transmit timed out error?

Scott Stone sstone@turbolinux.com
Tue Dec 15 19:16:30 1998

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Mario Camou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a server with Kernel 2.0.36 and of course an EtherExpress Pro 100. I'm
> getting the following:
>
> eth0: Transmit timed out: status 8090 command 00
>
> and the same but with status 0090.
>
> This is happening when the machine is idle (no users), practically every
> evening.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?
>
> Please CC: me in all replies, as I don't subscribe to this list.

are you running atalkd?  That will cause this problem... turn it off.  Or
configure your driver correctly to deal with appletalk DDP.. I don't know
how..

Scott M. Stone <sstone@pht.com, sstone@pht.co.jp>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)