[Beowulf] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MT27500 problems

Jonathan Barber jonathan.barber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 05:47:09 PDT 2013

On 29 April 2013 12:52, Jörg Saßmannshausen <j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> thanks for the reply.
>
> As I said, I have looked for a firmware upgrade here. From that side
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c600/x9drt-hibqf.cfm
> which I got from the technical support there is no upgrade available. The
> version I can download here is 2.10.700 which is the one I have installed.
>
> Just to complicate things, I cannot find the PSID  SM_2181000001000 on the link
> you gave me. Unfortunately, the other information on that and similar sides
> are confusing as well as I would not know which exact card I got here.
>
> I am actually using the Mellanox mlxburn program here as I am unable to get
> the information I want with the OFED mstflint.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> By the way, do you have a card or is it mounted on the motherboard?

I have the same supermicro system as you. I was supplied by my vendor
with the file:
X9DRT-HIBQF-2.11.0500_revised.bin

which I could burn to the card with the RHEL supplied mstflint utility
(from the package of the same name) as follows:
# mstflint -d 06:00.0 -i X9DRT-HIBQF-2.11.0500_revised.bin
-allow_psid_change burn

(where 06:00:00 is the PCI ID of the card).

I'll send you the file offlist, but you I suggest you prod SuperMicro
to make sure it's okay before you proceed with the burn.

Cheers
--
Jonathan Barber <jonathan.barber at gmail.com>