[Beowulf] Mellanox ConnectX-3 MT27500 problems

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 29 04:52:06 PDT 2013

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the reply.

As I said, I have looked for a firmware upgrade here. From that side
http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/xeon/c600/x9drt-hibqf.cfm
which I got from the technical support there is no upgrade available. The
version I can download here is 2.10.700 which is the one I have installed.

Just to complicate things, I cannot find the PSID  SM_2181000001000 on the link
you gave me. Unfortunately, the other information on that and similar sides
are confusing as well as I would not know which exact card I got here.

I am actually using the Mellanox mlxburn program here as I am unable to get
the information I want with the OFED mstflint.

Any ideas?

By the way, do you have a card or is it mounted on the motherboard?

All the best and thanks for your suggestions (I am looking into the cables as
well)!

Jörg

On Monday 29 April 2013 10:10:13 you wrote:
> On 28 April 2013 08:35, Jörg Saßmannshausen <j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk>
wrote:
> > Hi Brice,
>
> [snip]
>
> > That is what I get:
> > $ ibv_devinfo -v
> > hca_id: mlx4_0
> >
> >         transport:                      InfiniBand (0)
> >         fw_ver:                         2.10.700
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> >                         active_width:           4X (2)
> >                         active_speed:           5.0 Gbps (2)
> >                         phys_state:             LINK_UP (5)
> >
> > I got the latest firmware as that was my first thougth.
>
> I had a similar problem with the same cards and a Qlogic switch (the
> cards would only go to DDR instead of QDR). Upgrading the HCA firmware
> solved the problem.
>
> My firmware version is 2.11.500, not 2.10.700 as your output shows,
> you can get the firmware from here:
> http://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_ConnectX3IB
>
> Cheers
> --