[Beowulf] cluster profiling

Joachim Worringen worringen at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 4 01:37:30 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 2 November 2010 21:45, tomislav_maric at gmx.com <tomislav.maric at gmx.com> wrote:
>

>> Can anyone here tell me if I am at least stepping in the right direction? :) Please, don't say "it depends".
>>

> This sounds very cool.
> To be honest, most people use Excel spreadsheets to plot this sort of thing.
> If you can produce an automated framework to do this it would be very
> interesting.

This is exactly why I wrote "perfbase" some years ago (see
http://perfbase.tigris.org), a toolkit for experiment managment and
data analysis. I still maintain it and use it on a daily basis
(release 1.2.0 came out this week). It parses benchmark output files
"automatically", stores data in a database and lets you create and run
very elaborate queries on it, generating gnuplots, OpenOffice
spreadsheets, raw text or XML output.

 Joachim