[Beowulf] Re: Interesting

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 17:49:34 PDT 2010

deBeers laser-engraves serial numbers onto their (natural) diamonds (to
counter the increasing gem quality of artificial diamonds made by, say,
chemical vapor deposition). So how about laser engraving data onto cheap
chemical vapor deposition thin diamond slices? (One of the ideas had been to
make microelectronics substrates from diamond this way, since diamond
conducts heat better than silicon).
Peter