[Beowulf] RedHat Satellite Server as a cluster management tool.

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Thu Oct 14 11:30:41 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 01:38, Michael T. Halligan wrote:
>  So, in the
> end, $28k/year for an enterprise of 100 servers, in one environment has
> meant being able to shrink the
> next year staffing needs by 2 people, and in one by one person, it pays
> for itself..

As the only sysadmin for a 260-node cluster, I'm extremely curious what
jobs those 2 people were supposed to be doing.  I have an operations
staff to rely on for some environmental stuff and for handling service
calls with vendors (I report the problem to them and do the hw
replacement, they just take care of the phone call).  However, even with
260 nodes I still find a lot of my time spent in trying to improve the
cluster as opposed to just keeping it running.