[Beowulf] rsh don't see the real variables

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Sat Oct 9 15:39:06 PDT 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Gustavo Gobi Martinelli wrote:

> I'm trying to make the pvm 3.4.5 work, but I'm having a problem with "rsh".

One more comment.  pvm under Red Hat * (and now under Fedora Core 2) IS
a shell script (in /usr/bin/pvm).  It should set PVM_ROOT correctly for
you, automagically, whether or not it is set in your original or nodes
shells, as PVM is started somewhere and used to build a virtual cluster
IF you invoke PVM by name on the default path.

This can probably still screw up with some ways you might use PVM, but
there SHOULD be ways to do your project that don't require a PVM_ROOT to
be spelled out in your node shells.

  rgb