Using NFS with Scyld (-7 ver.)

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Sun Nov 4 14:09:56 PST 2001

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001, Joe Nellis wrote:

> shouldn't point directly at the NFS)?  Secondly, is there something we are
> missing that must allow requests for /home files on the nodes to pass
> THROUGH the master. I ask this because the nodes report mounting /home
> through nic#2 address and the node fstab is through nic#1 address.

As far as I know, you cannot get a linux box to mount an NFS filesystem,
then reexport it over NFS to another machine.  So, as far as I know,
what you're asking is impossible.

I might suggest giving people their own home directories on the master
and just teaching them how to scp over the files they need.