Scyld module configuration

Sean Dilda agrajag at scyld.com
Fri Jul 13 15:00:25 PDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Ben DeLong wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A couple of weeks ago I posted a question regarding a specific 3Com
> network card that wouldn't detect 100Mb/sec with the 2.2.x linux kernel
> (Mandrake 7.2) and instead only ran at 10Mb/sec.  I was able to fix the
> problem by passing an option to the 3c59x module when it was loaded.
>  Specifically I added the line "options eth0 options=8,8" to the
> module.conf file.
>
> Yesterday I got around to installing Scyld on our 4 node cluster and
> bumped into the same problem - all the cards were running at 10Mb after
> install.  On the head node the problem was easy enough to fix by adding
> the options line to the conf.modules file on the head.  My question is
> how do I pass this parameter on the slave nodes?  I have looked through
> all the documentation I have and I can't find an answer.

In the /etc/beowulf/config.boot file you can add the line:
modarg 3c59x options=8,8

Then remake your phase1 and phase2 images and it should do what you
want.  This should be documented in the reference guide, available at
http://www.scyld.com/support/docs/beowulf.html

By the way, what version of our software are you running?  I ran into a
problem with a 3com card not detecing 100M in our preview release, but
the updated drivers in the 27bz-7 release worked without a problem.