[eepro100] eepro100 as resident kernel driver on IpaQ

Cattaneo Pippo P.Cattaneo@finmatica.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 12:13:37 +0200

	I installed SuSE 2.2.18 on my IpaQ (700 Mhz) and the default kernel
works fine with e100 module.
I need to load this in the kernel in order to nfsmount the root directory to
use this box as a diskless terminal.
I installed last revision of the driver, pci-scan but for all the new
kernels I compiled thge system hungs after a couple of minutes of heavy net
load (NFS tar, compile, etc.)

Did anybody experience the some (strange) behaviour ?
Is there any known work aroud ?

All that I can say as further information is that the IRQ changed from 0x20
to 0x5 when a switched to the residend driver.

Thank you for any kind reply

	bye bye

				[Pippo CATTANEO]