[Beowulf] Has anyone actually seen/used a cell system?

Brian Dobbins brian.dobbins at yale.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:28:09 PDT 2006

Hi Joe,

  I recently posted these links elsewhere, but maybe you (and others?)
will find them interesting:

A talk by Barry Bolding of IBM's Deep Computing group about Cell:
http://www.spscicomp.org/ScicomP11/Presentations/IBM/bolding-cell.pdf

A paper out of LBNL's Future Technologies Group on Cell in HPC (in theory):
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~samw/projects/cell/CF06.pdf

  Given the newly announced "RoadRunner" system using Opterons+Cells it
might very well be interesting in the end, but until I get to try some
of my own applications on it I'll remain 'cautiously optimistic'.  :)

  Hope some of that is useful,
  - Brian