[Beowulf] Has anyone actually seen/used a cell system?

J.A.Delcorso at larc.nasa.gov J.A.Delcorso at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 19 06:25:14 PDT 2006

If this has already been discussed on the list, a pointer
to the thread would be appreciated!

Looking over the list I found a couple references to the
IBM cell processors being used in PS3.  Has anyone had a
chance to actually use/test one of these systems yet?
Considering that the PS3 is supposed to be competing with
the XBOX 360 and the Wii, I assume that it's out, or that
someone has actually used one of these systems.

Can anyone point me to a url, or tell me what their
experience is with this technology?  Is it as fast as
it's purported to be?  Apparently RedHat is developing
EL 4.3 to run on the system?

Any input is appreciated,

Joe