[Beowulf] Has anyone actually seen/used a cell system?

Larry Stewart larry.stewart at sicortex.com
Thu Sep 21 07:43:31 PDT 2006

When I went looking for papers on the Cell Processor memory system,
I eventually found this one.    The Berkeley paper and this one are the
most useful I have found so far.

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1158825.1159067

Cell Multiprocessor Communication Network: Built for Speed
by Kistler (IBM), Perrone (IBM) and Petrini (PNNL)

It was published in IEEE MICRO, but those of you who have
access to the ACM/IEEE Computer digital libraries can get it.

This paper has a frothy title, but you can puzzle out real information by
looking at the graphs closely.

(Redundant - the UCB paper is at
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~samw/projects/cell/CF06.pdf
)