Take any two: motherboard performance, compatibility, value

Douglas Eadline deadline at plogic.com
Wed Jun 28 16:53:08 PDT 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Paul Lu wrote:

> Hello:
>
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 03:16:22PM -0400, Josip Loncaric wrote:
> > About the only remaining option are
> > ServerWorks chipsets (used by Supermicro Super 370DLE), but I do not
> > know if anyone has made them work with Linux.
>
> Well, the new Compaq ProLiant (DL360, DL580) servers appear to be based
> on the same (family of) ServerWorks chipsets (see
> 	http://www.serverworks.com/news/press/000606.html
> )
> and Compaq explicitly lists RedHat 6.2 as being supported on the new ProLiants.
>
> Also, a quick grep through the kernel 2.4.0-test2 source indicates that
> there are the "proper" constants defined for this chipset.
>
> But, all this is no substitute with hands-on experience.
>
> Does anybody have any Linux experience with this chipset and/or these
> motherboards and especially with respect to 64-bit/66 MHz PCI performance?

We have Linux working on Serverworks systems. We are still testing, but
our dual PIII Cu-733 with 1GB PC-133 SDRAM(ecc) gave pretty good stream
numbers.

Doug

Paralogic, Inc.           |     PEAK     |      Voice:+610.814.2800
130 Webster Street        |   PARALLEL   |        Fax:+610.814.5844
Bethlehem, PA 18015 USA   |  PERFORMANCE |    http://www.plogic.com