Take any two: motherboard performance, compatibility, value

Paul Lu paullu at cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 28 14:50:39 PDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 03:16:22PM -0400, Josip Loncaric wrote:
> About the only remaining option are
> ServerWorks chipsets (used by Supermicro Super 370DLE), but I do not
> know if anyone has made them work with Linux.

Well, the new Compaq ProLiant (DL360, DL580) servers appear to be based
on the same (family of) ServerWorks chipsets (see
and Compaq explicitly lists RedHat 6.2 as being supported on the new ProLiants.

Also, a quick grep through the kernel 2.4.0-test2 source indicates that
there are the "proper" constants defined for this chipset.

But, all this is no substitute with hands-on experience.

Does anybody have any Linux experience with this chipset and/or these
motherboards and especially with respect to 64-bit/66 MHz PCI performance?