Gigabit ethernet

Bernhard Kaindl bk@suse.de
Thu Oct 21 14:40:07 1999

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Alex Lesser wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am trying to find a gigabit network card  that will work in a beowulf
> cluster. I did not see any specific manufacturer's listed on the
> yellowfin page. Can you tell me any cards that you have used with this
> driver.

I don't know where to buy yellowfin cards and I had trouble with the successor
of the yellowfin which was problematic in ASUS Mainboards, so I had to switch
to an other card type:

Alteon ACEnic:
http://www.alteon.com/products/index.cgi?page=products.html

This is the OEM version I use for some servers. Was very cheap for me:
http://netgear.baynetworks.com/products/ds_ga620/index.shtml
Other OEMS:
http://www.3com.com/products/dsheets/400403.html
http://www.Farallon.com/products/gigabit/cards/9000sxpci.html