Additional GNIC-II Compile Problems

s-sumi@trc.rwcp.or.jp s-sumi@trc.rwcp.or.jp
Fri Aug 6 20:40:48 1999

Hi.

>> Hi.
>>
>> > gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
>> > -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet
>> > -O6 -o hamachi.o -c hamachi.c
>>
>> > /usr/include/asm/current.h:4: global register variable follows a
>> > function
>> > definition
>> > /usr/include/asm/current.h:4: warning: call-clobbered register used for
>> > global register variable
>>
>> Add option -ffixed-8

Chris> Don't forget -mno_fp_regs; On an Alpha, the kernel doesn't swap FP regs,
Chris> so you can't allow GCC to think it can use the FP regs as temporary
Chris> regs.  It may compile without this switch, but during execution,
Chris> programs running will abort randomly with fp errors.

Sorry, I forgot to write. And it may need -fomit-frame-pointer for
kernel modules.

Here is an expample for compilation modules on alphas.

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -mno-fp-regs -ffixed-8 -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -O6 -c hamachi.c

-----
Shinji Sumimoto    E-Mail: s-sumi@trc.rwcp.or.jp
Real World Computing Partnership, Japan.