[vortex] Does Wake on LAN work with 3C905B-COMBO and Suse 7.3?

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 25 13:01:02 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Donald Becker wrote:

> Question: Does the 3c905B support WOL on 10base2 (BNC)?!

The PDF docs that I have downloaded from 3Com's site don't show the
arhitecture for a 905B-COMBO, they only have 900B-COMBO which doesn't
provide the 3-pin Remote Wake-Up Connector.

I went though all related part of the docs and I couldn't find anything
affirmative or negative related to usage of BNC as source for WOL packets.
Also the power to the transceiver is controlled through 2 commands
(Enable/DisableDcConverter) and nothing is mentioned about it being
powered off or left on when entering some low power states... So I think
that the only way to know is to try ;-)