[vortex] Mini PCI - no link

Dave Dribin dave-ml@dribin.org
Sat Jun 22 00:45:01 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:07:35PM -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> One of the reasons I released that version was to get known-working
> changes out there before trying to fix this problem

Excellent, thanks.

> Try the driver update, 0.99Xa, I've put in the test directory:
>     ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/test/3c59x.c

Yup, the MAC address is correct now.  No link light, but that is to be
expected with the current change.

> This is the fourth of the three EEPROM cases anticipated.

[ .. Excellent description of current EEPROM situation snipped .. ]

Wow, it looks like 3com has really made this EEPROM as difficult as
possible.

I found the page on the 3com site where they provide technical
documentation on their cards.  It seems woefully out of date without
even a mention of a mini-PCI card or any card with the EEPROM at
offset 0x30.  Do you have any docs on their newer cards?

-Dave