[vortex] extremely poor performance after upgrade to 2.4 series

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 17:09:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> ... Only
> now, after the upgrade, my network performance has dropped
> dramatically, and it takes literally minutes to transfer about a Meg
> of data across the 100 Mbps segement.

Please read the file Documentation/networking/vortex.html from your kernel
source tree and provide us with the informations that are requested;
basically the information that "performance has dropped dramatically"
doesn't really help in debugging the problem.

You can also try to browse through the archives of this mailing list at:
http:/www.scyld.com/pipermail/vortex/

Sincerely,