[vortex] RH7 and 3C905B Problems

Mark Ridley stikky@gameplay.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:48:08 -0000

> AFAIK, both RH6.2 and RH7 provide two drivers for this card: the 3c59x
> driver originally written by Donald Becker and the 3c90x driver by 3Com.
> What driver are you using now and what driver did you use before ?

I compiled the one from 3Com with RH6.2, but it doesn't compile on RH7. :/

> You can also download vortex-diag and mii-diag from
> http://www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html to help understand what is going
> on.

Okay thanks, done this. Not quite sure what it's telling me though! :)

> Finally: are there any error messages reported in the logs ?

No, this is the strange thing, the only report of an error I get is from
ifconfig
telling me there was either 1 or 2 frame errors then boom, it's all over...
:)

Many thanks.
--
Mark Ridley