[vortex] 3C905CX-TXM and linux-2.4.7

Joe Rouvier joe@netli.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:01:29 -0700

Dell was shipping them in some Dimension 4100's a little while ago.  We
have quite a few running around here and with the newer drivers we
haven't had any problems.  However, if this is for a 100%
mission-critical server, I'd go with the 905B because:

a) they have been around longer and are more likely to have all the bugs
worked out.
b) 3com will let you download the tech reference for the 905B, I still
haven't been able to find specs on the 905CX.

Just my opinion though...