[vortex] 3C905CX-TXM and linux-2.4.7

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:37:57 -0700

Luc Lalonde wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I'd like to know if there are any issues that would make this card
> unreliable for a server.  I've scanned the list and seen the suggestions
> to use kernels >= 2.2.19 or 2.4.2.  I'm using kernel 2.4.7 and I'm
> hoping that all the issues are resolved for this card.
>
> I'm having troubles with an onboard Intel Pro 10/100+ (system lock-ups)
> and I want to exchange it with 3C905CX-TXM.  I also have a 3C905B that
> can use.  Any recommendations?

I haven't used this card before, but if you find a motherboard with it built-in,
and it works good for you, I'd like to know :)

Just in case you don't know already, don't try Intel's D815EEA2, as it's
eepro NIC doesn't work worth a damn with 2.4.7 (and the eepro100
driver in the kernel).

Thanks,
Ben

--