[vortex] 3C905C-TXM with Intel 460T Switch - cant get 100baseTx-* to work

Bartlomiej Zarzecki bz@riz.pl
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 01:35:19 +0200

Hello,

I've just bought some 3c905C-TXM and I began to test them with my
linux box. The linux box is connected to an Intel 460T switch.

I am using kernel 2.2.16.
The driver version is 3x59x.c:v0.99Ra 8/7/2000 Donald Becker

My goal is of course to make it work at
100Mbps Full Duplex.

Here is what I see from the switch and the linux box when trying to
force different setting from both sides:

swith Intel 460T                    linux box with 3x905C-TXM

Auto                                Auto
The switch detects                  mii-diag:
100M/Full/IEEE 802.3x               You have link beat, and evrything
                                    is working OK.
                                    Your link partner advertised 45e1

but I cant ping anything from the linux box

when I go down to Half-Duplex - the same.
when I go down to 10Mbps/Full-Duplex - I can finnally ping other
computers.

Anyone could have any idea what to do ? I am really confused.
I tried to force 100Mbps-FD or 100Mbps-HD on both side and it doesnt
work :/
What may I be doing wrong ?

--
 Best Regards,