[tulip] recognizing Linksys 10/100 Lan cards RHL install

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed Mar 27 13:31:01 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, J. H. Williams wrote:

> Subject: [tulip] recognizing  Linksys 10/100 Lan cards RHL install
>
> Hi! I've been lurking for 2 months and am essentially a newbie to Linux
> Thanks for letting me lurk...
> I've installed RHL 7.2 (2.4.7-10) graphically 9 times (am running
> Gnome and KDE), and tried a step-by-step book to command-line install
> a 6.2 firewall on an old (75MHz PII) machine.

You will definitely need the updated tulip driver with RH6.2.

> I can get the network running with old cards, but not the 2 Linksys
> cards I bought for the interfaces in the firewall.

What version of the Linksys cards?  The current ones are v4.0/v4.1/5.1
which use the ADMtek Centaur/Comet chips.

http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html