[tulip] Tulip Problem with 2 Linksys TX100 NIC's

hanasaki hanasaki@hanaden.com
Thu Mar 7 23:50:02 2002

I am running two Linksys TX100 NIC's in a Firewall.  The internal NIC is
on my DHCP and comes up / down just fine.  The external is on a Cable
Modem and gets a DHCP IP from their servers.  If I ifdown the the
external NIC and then ifup it, it errors "Operation Failed".  If I bring
down both interfaces and then rmmod tulip and bring up the external
interface first, all is good.  Bringin up to the internal interface
first causes the operation failed error again.

I am using the Tulip Drivers provided with Debian Woody.  The same
problem existed with Debian Potato.

= hanasaki@hanaden.com                                          =
=     Spam : Unhealthy and High in Sodium and Cholesterol       =