[tulip] 4 port ethernet card is freezing, after ifconfig it's OK

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue Mar 5 12:04:02 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Tomas Holenda wrote:

> I have problem with 4-port ethernet card called ALLNET ALL0144. Approx.
> once a day the card freezes.

What driver version?  What was the detection message?

> When i type ifconfig on console i get as failure error fetching
> interface: device not found. Then i type ifconfig again and nic are up.

Does this problem occur with kernels before 2.4.18?
Is the module re-loaded when you do 'ifconfig' (check the message log to
find out).