[tulip] multiple virtual ethernet adapters

George Morgan gemorga2@vt.edu
Sat Jun 15 09:25:01 2002

I'm not sure if they have separate mac addresses but could you
use 3 IP aliases for the interface connected to the cable
modem, assigning each one a different mac address?  I'm not
sure this would work but sounds like what you want.

Supposedly this is deprecated in the 2.4.x kernels, but it is
still available as a kernel compile time option(?)

You would want do to something like:

/sbin/ifconfig eth0:0 hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:01

I'm not sure this would work, but it is the closest I've found
to what you want to do.  Maybe there is a new way to do it in
the 2.4.x kernels.