[tulip] asix supported, or not? 2.4 problems

Michael Chaney mdchaney@michaelchaney.com
Tue Jul 30 17:43:25 2002

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 07:21:42AM -0400, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Brett Dikeman wrote:
> > At 3:27 PM -0400 7/29/02, Donald Becker wrote:
> >
> > >  > cards(the V3 I believe), I get tons and tons of errors under even
> ..
> > Hmm...its just a "dumb" 10/100 netgear switch...
>
> That rules out the common forced-full-duplex at the switch.

Not necessarily.  I have 5 or 6 of those "dumb" netgear switches, and
the older models have a set of DIP switches on the back to set each
individual port to full duplex or auto.  Brett should make sure that his
either doesn't have the switches or that they're all set to AUTO.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney
mdchaney@michaelchaney.com