[tulip] Cpq Pressario and network problems

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:11:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Jan Egil Magelie wrote:

> I am having some problems with the setup on my cpq pressario. I am
> running suse 7.2 and I have configured the network card. Everything
> looks fine, all the logs reports no errors and it looks like the
> tcp/ip stack is fine, but for some reason I cannot make any connection
> over the network.

What Presario?  Which adapter (chip type)?
Which driver version?
What is the detection message?

The output of
  tulip-diag -aem
might also be necessary to suggest a fix.

If you have a Conexant chip on a Presario 1700 series laptop, you will
need driver version v0.92w or later.