[tulip] Tulip (ADMtek) under Suse 7.2

Andre Belem abelem@AWI-Bremerhaven.DE
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 16:38:37 +0200

Hi Donald,

Sorry for the daly in the answer. Here are the informations:

> Is this a CardBus or mini-PCI card?  (This is an important detail.)

Cardbus. The lspci gives:
00:0c.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6933 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)
 Subsystem: FIRST INTERNATIONAL Computer Inc: Unknown device 1860
 Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
 Memory at 1f001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
 Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=05, sec-latency=0
 16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

00:0c.1 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6933 Cardbus Controller (rev 01)
 Subsystem: FIRST INTERNATIONAL Computer Inc: Unknown device 1860
 Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
 Memory at 1f002000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
 Bus: primary=00, secondary=06, subordinate=09, sec-latency=0
 16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

> What kernel version?

Suse 7.2 with kernel 2.4.4-4GB.

> What driver version?

Ops ! I don'n know. I have the tulip module from your site compiled and tested
but I realized that Suse comes already with the tulip-core, etc... I tested
both and there is no difference. Using tulip-diag I got this thing here (looks
like the EEPROM is erased but under windows works ! or doesn't matter ?):
--see below --

You wrote:
  - PCI drivers don't accept I/O and IRQ options. The system assigns
    resources, not the driver
I know, but there is no way to change the BIOS (no option and I have the new
version installed for the supersonic 2).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Andre
-----------
tulip-diag.c:v2.08 5/15/2001 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Accton EN1217/EN2242 (ADMtek Comet) adapter at 0x1c00.
This chip has not been assigned a valid IRQ, and will not function.
 This must be fixed in the PCI BIOS setup.  The device driver has no way
 of changing the PCI IRQ settings.
 See  http://www.scyld.com/expert/irq-conflict.html  for more information.
Accton EN1217/EN2242 (ADMtek Comet) chip registers at 0x1c00:
 0x00: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff

 0x40: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff

 Extended registers:
 80: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
 a0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
 c0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
 e0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
 Comet duplex is reported in the MII status registers.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Transferring Rx frame into memory'.
  The Tx process state is 'Closing Tx descriptor'.
  PCI bus error!: Unknown 7.
  The transmit unit is set to store-and-forward.
 Interrupt sources are pending!  CSR5 is ffffffff.
   Tx done indication.
   Tx complete indication.
   Tx out of buffers indication.
   Transmit Jabber indication.
   Link passed indication.
   Tx FIFO Underflow indication.
   Rx Done indication.
   Receiver out of buffers indication.
   Receiver stopped indication.
   Receiver jabber indication.
   Link changed indication.
   Timer expired indication.
   Link failed indication.
   PCI bus error indication.
   Early Rx indication.
  Comet MAC address registers ffffffff ffffffff
  Comet multicast filter ffffffffffffffff.
WARNING: The EEPROM is missing or erased!