[tulip] Tulip (ADMtek) under Suse 7.2

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:06:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Andre Belem wrote:

> I have a laptop Gericom supersonic 2 with Suse 7.2 and when loading the
> module tulip to activate my ADMtek - Accton EN2242, (or adding it to the
> modules.conf with alias eth0 tulip and options tulip options=0) I get
> IRQ 0 during boot. It is not working ...

Is this a CardBus or mini-PCI card?  (This is an important detail.)
What kernel version?
What driver version?

[[ It's impossible to track the kernel and driver version for each
distribution. ]]

> I already read the IRQ problems FAQ from Donald but My PhoenixBIOS has
> no option to change. I tried also to put an append="ether=0x300,11,eth0"
> in my lilo.conf but didn't work.

Two reasons
  - Boot options don't apply to modules
  - PCI drivers don't accept I/O and IRQ options. The system assigns
    resources, not the driver