[tulip] Anyone running DFE-570-TX on an i815 based MB?

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Fri Nov 30 13:57:24 2001

I have two Tyans and two Intel MBs both based on the i815
chipset.  On both of these machines I see hard lockups after 5-10
minutes (magic-sysreq
doesn't work) when I start running traffic over all 8 ports of
two DFE-570-TX NICs.  It happens with a variety of kernels, so
I think it's a hardware/driver problem...

However, if anyone is running one or more DFE-570-TX NICS in
an i815 MB, please let me know!  I'm going to try an 845 P4
MB tomorrow, but it doesn't have built-in video like many of
the 815s...

Enjoy,
Ben

--