[tulip] Free licenses for (proprietary) traffic-generation tool.

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 21:54:39 -0700

I'm willing to give out free licenses for the data-generation (ethernet)
tool that my company builds to open-source driver developers.  I reserve
the right to discontinue this offer, or make exceptions,
but I doubt I will anytime soon.

This tool, LANforge, uses source-based routing and a client/server/GUI/CLI
based architecture to drive ethernet, UDP, TCP, and custom pkts across
multiple ethernet ports on a single machine to/from another machine.  You need at least two
NICs in two machines to use LANforge.  It is easy to set up, has a java GUI,
and also has a command-line-interface that can be scripted (example perl
scripts are included in the extras package.)  It has a GPL'd process that
provides a binary socket interface to MII-diags and other stats information too, but
it's only been tested in read-only mode, though it's possible write/set works
too.

LANforge is not open-source (I'd like it to be, but can't figure out
how to make money off of it that way), but I will try hard to add any
features that the community deems useful, and if we ever go out
of business, the code will be released under GPL and/or LGPL licenses.

For more information and downloads, you can ask me, or see our web page at:
http://www.candelatech.com

Feel free to foward this to anyone you know who might be interested in
this offer.

Thanks,
Ben

--