[tulip] Multiport cards under linux kernel 2.4.3

Lafond, Kenneth G kenneth.g.lafond@intel.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 15:01:17 -0700

My Redhat Linux 7.1 starfire driver (v1.03) works for the Adaptec Quartet
64.

Kenneth Lafond

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron J Fabbri [mailto:fabbri@vital-4.cs.uoregon.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 2:55 PM
To: tulip@scyld.com
Subject: [tulip] Multiport cards under linux kernel 2.4.3

Hi

Does anyone have any info on using recent tulip drivers with multiple port
cards
such as the Adaptec/Cogent Quartet.  I've spent the day doing research but
nothing is working.

The existing web references are outdated, e.g. the reverse_probe module
parameter no longer exists as a work-around for a buggy bios.

We had these cards working under freebsd 4.0, but linux 2.4.3 can't handle
them!?