[tulip] IRQ not found (KMM238283C0KM)

Michael K. Brown mkb@avaya.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:29:26 -0500

--------------338593F0A63C81B0FC3EC3C2

It looks like Netgear support is unable to help any further with this.
Sorry if this was reported earlier, but I couldn't find it in the
archive.

> Original Message Follows:
> -------------------------
>
> We have a Netgear FA310TX NIC installed in a HP Pavilion 8650C that runs
> both Windows 98 and Linux (RedHat 7.0).  The card works correctly under
> Windows with IRQ=11, but both the RedHat tulip driver module and the
> Netgear supplied drivers fail to properly set the IRQ, which is left set
> at 0.  It otherwise appears to correctly probe the card for addresses,
> etc. according to dmesg output.

The RH7 is a partitionless installation (I don't know if this matters).
I downloaded and installed the latest tulip driver.  Same result:

tulip.c:v0.92 4/17/2000  Written by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
  http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 32 at 0xcc00b000, 00:A0:CC:60:38:2E, IRQ
0.
eth0:  MII transceiver #1 config 3000 status 782d advertising 01e1.

we also get:

# ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.5
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     169267          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1396          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  6:         84          XT-PIC  floppy
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:          6          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
 12:      12740          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:     292456          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:      16114          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0

I would like to set the IRQ to any other (like 5 or 10) but the source
code indicates that IRQ is not a setable module option.

How can I get the IRQ set correctly?

Thanks,
	Mike Brown
	mkb@avaya.com
--------------338593F0A63C81B0FC3EC3C2

begin:vcard
n:Brown;Michael
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Interactive Multimedia Research Group;Multimedia Technologies Research Dept.
version:2.1
email;internet:mkb@avaya.com
title:Technical Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;25152