[tulip] Compaq networkcard help!!

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 00:09:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Art of Craft wrote:

> Anyone able to get the Conexant MiniPCI ethernet working with Linux?

It's still an open topic.

Two events occured last week.
     I got chip programming information from an unnamed source
     I visited the Compaq laptop design team in Houston

The only info I was able to get from Compaq is that they don't think
that they did anything unusual with their mini-PCI implementation.

I'll likely spend a few hours with the driver this weekend.

> My main areas of searching to date have been:-
> 3) Conexant:	Some leads, but its a maze of information, mostly unrelated.

Seemingly intentionally obscured.  There is no legitimate reason for
keeping the programming info secret.  I can only guess that Conexant
don't want people to know that this is a clone of the Tulip design.

> Tulip has sounded promising, but the relevant threads seemed to die away in
> December 2000 without mension of the resolution.

It has come up several times since then.  Only recently has there been
progress on getting information.