[tulip] Tulip and full duplex

Michael Blandford mikey@blandford.net
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:46:24 -0700 (MST)

I have a netgear 310tx rev-d2 in my desktop.  It is connected via a crossover to a
starfire controller ( adaptec ) on my server.

The desktop is running redhat 7.1 ( 2.4.2 ) with its stock driver for tulip.

The server is running 2.4.5-ac<X>.

The server is forced 100FD.  When the desktop boots, it reports that it is running
100HD.  The light on the back seems to confirm this.  Performance seems ok.  When I
force it 100FD with mii-diag, then no traffic goes through and the FD light does come
on.

If I put a starfire in the desktop, I can connect at 100FD without problems.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Michael